Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A Triumphant Return

Yes, a triumphant return indeed. It has been that long since i last pen my thoughts following the demise of the beloved Gloved-one. Where have i been and what have i been doing? Tough one to answer....Whatever it is, i am back. Whether it is with a vengeance or not remains to be seen.

It is now 2010. A new year. And the word NEW couldn't be more appropriate for me and my comrades went through major changes at work. Not major by sheer volume but major by the sheer impact of the change....although it involved but a single individual. What was indeed unusual was not the fact that change occurred but circumstances surrounding it and what seems like a total lack of communication about it. Que sera sera. Nuff said.

So, what am i looking forward to in 2010? A whole lot. I turn 40 this year and as the proverbial wise man says, "Life Begins at 40". Therefore i am looking forward to "Life" this year. Nothing can be more true than the wise Abe himself when he said "And in the end it is not the years in your life that count. It is the life in your years"

I was on the phone with a chap at work yesterday. Tried calling several times and could not get through. Finally he returned my call and apologised as he was out jogging. And where was i during this episode? Behind my desk. What is wrong with this picture? Don't get me started. I vaguely recall the term "Jogging". I believe it has something to do with moving one's feet in quick succession while experiencing the feeling of motion. Though you should not take my word for it as i have only vague memories of this picture. But what I will do is perform some research on it tonight. Once the research is concluded, i shall attempt to convert the research to a practical experiment. For i am an expert in theory (Refer to my fishing escapades which i shall promise to write on tomorrow).

I shall provide an update on my research tomorrow. I shall attempt to provide an update on my research tomorrow. For it is a known fact that research takes time, and it has been known to transcend days, weeks, months even.

We shall see...

No comments: